John Henry Munson was born in 1859 in Cobourg, Ontario. He was a lawyer and lived on an extensive piece of land on the borders of the Assiniboine river in Winnipeg. Today it is called Munson Park. This was the site of the house on what used to be Munson’s farm.
The entry of Munson Park today
The original home, built in 1889, was renovated and modernized during the time it was owned by the James Richardson family. It had its own private swimming pool and a large kitchen garden. It was demolished in 1980. Some people still call this park Richardson Park. The Richardson family then donated the land to the City of Winnipeg to make a park out of it.